Qualifications and Experience
Abdul Hamid Bin Abdullah is a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), a Chartered Accountant of Singapore (CA Singapore) and a Fellow of the Institute of Internal Auditors (FIIA) Singapore. He graduated from the University of Singapore with Bachelor of Accountancy degree and joined the Auditor-General’s Office (AGO) Singapore on 1 September 1979 as a Government auditor. He retired from AGO on 31 July 2017.
During his 38 years of public sector experience, he audited several ministries, statutory boards and government agencies. His audits included financial statements audit, systems and internal control audits, compliance audits, information security audits, IT audits, performance audits, VFM and other operational audits. He was Audit Director for 14 years before his retirement.
Abdul Hamid was an International Vice-President of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), and also Vice-President of the IT Governance Institute (ITGI) from 2002 to 2006. Prior to this, he served on the ISACA Research Board (1999 – 2001) and was President of the ISACA Singapore Chapter from 1996 to 1998. He served as Council member of the Association of Information Security Professionals (AISP) from 2008 to 2009. He is a Governor of the Institute of Internal Auditors Singapore (IIAS) since 2004 and is currently the Treasurer of IIAS. He is also Chairman, Audit Committee, ISACA Singapore
Abdul Hamid was an adjunct lecturer in the Institute of Systems Science, National University of Singapore (NUS) from 2007 to 2017 and an Associate Professor in NUS teaching IT audits to Accountancy students in 2010. He has been involved in conducting CISA Exam review classes for ISACA Singapore and in training auditors on courses related to IT audit at the IIAS Academy.
He was speaker in a number of local, regional and international conferences, mainly related to ISACA and IIA activities.
- Director, Association of Muslim Professionals (1998 – 2003; 2006 – 2011; 2013 –
- Chairman, AMP (2015 – present)
- Member, Nominating Committee (2015 – present)
- Chairman, Audit & Governance Committee (2008 – 2015)
- Vice-Chairman, AMP (2008 – 2009)
- Director, Hope Villages Fund (2014 – present)
- Director, Era Dance Theatre (2016 – present)
- Trustee, TAA Trust Fund (2006 – 2012)
- Management Committee member, Casa Raudha Women Home (2008 – 2012)
- Manager, Footvolley Association of Singapore (2014 – present)
- Member, Bedok Community Centre Management Committee (2014 – present)
- Member, Malay Programme Advisory Committee, Media Development Authority (2006 – 2016)