(CLOSED DOOR) WEBINAR: Updated Amendments to the Personal Data Protection Act - What does it mean for Businesses?
Time & Location
About the Event
Note: This is a closed-door event for the Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SICCI) members. You have to register directly via Zoom Webinar platform by clicking on the 'register' button on DPEX Network. An automated registration confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address within 24 hours, if you do not receive this email, please email to email@example.com for your individual webinar login link. For all other interested participants, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.Thank you!
The Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC) in Singapore recently reviewed the PDPA to ensure that it keeps pace with technological and regulatory developments in data protection. The proposed amendments were passed on 2nd November 2020.
The amendments to the PDPA are:
1. Introduction of mandatory breach notification
2. Revised consent framework
4. Introduction of data portability and
5. Enhanced rules on telemarketing and spam (Do Not Call (DNC) registry)
With the introduction of these proposed amendments, what are the potential consequences and implications to a business? What are some measures and steps that companies should take to adapt to and comply with the new requirements and standards?
- What the upcoming PDPA amendments mean for business
- Share insights based on recent industry-related enforcement cases
- Sharing of best practices and tips for a robust data protection programme
- Overview of the available resources, i.e. funding and tools, to aid in the creation and sustenance of the data protection program
Mr Alvin Toh
- Straits Interactive, Chief Marketing Officer
As CMO and Head of International Operations of Straits Interactive, Alvin drives marketing strategy, awareness and partner relationships for the company’s innovative privacy solutions that build upon the foundation of responsible marketing.
In addition to running the company’s marketing and international operations, Alvin is a sort after regional speaker on data protection and privacy management. With his extensive knowledge of regulatory requirements and his process-driven outcome, Alvin is also involved in Straits Interactive’s data protection consulting and training engagements.
Mr Dominic Ow
- IMDA, Data Protection Certifications Manager As part of IMDA’s Data Protection Certifications team, Dominic is passionate about helping organisations understand the importance and benefits of having robust data protection standards in the modern digital economy, and how the Data Protection Certifications can give businesses peace of mind and provide them the competitive edge both locally and internationally.
Mr Shaun Jarmen (Moderator)
- Straits Interactive, Advanced Diploma in Data Protection (SMU), EXIN (Information Security)
Shaun Jarmen is trained in in-depth knowledge on Data Protection. He was formally educated at Singapore Management University (SMU) and graduated with an Advanced Diploma in Data Protection. Shaun has also obtained the EXIN (Information Security) Professional Certification.
By registering for this event, you give your consent to DPEX Network / Straits Interactive and partner to collect, use and disclose your personal data for the purposes of contacting you for registration of this webinar/event and obtaining your feedback post-event.