Certified Information Privacy Professional Asia Programme (Singapore)
For more than 10 years, the US, Canadian and European CIPP credentials have been recognised as the world’s pre-eminent badge of excellence in the business of privacy – the “what” of data protection laws and regulations. We are delighted that the International Association of Privacy Professionals has now introduced the CIPP/Asia credential. It demonstrates your understanding of data protection regulations, standards and practices in this part of the world.
Be internationally certified and recognised as an expert. And position yourself to help meet the shortage of data protection expertise locally and in the region.
- Fundamental Privacy Principles
- Singapore Privacy Laws and Practices (focusing on PDPA)
- Hong Kong Privacy Laws and Practices
- India Privacy Law and Practices
- Comparative overview of laws and practices, including Malaysia and the Philippines**
- Common themes
- Hands-On approach and Mock Examination
** Not covered in the certification examination
Course comes bundled with a limited edition of Straits Interactive’s Data Protection Management System (DPMS), which is designed to help manage operational compliance with data protection laws.
- Lecture style
- Video clips
- Discussions with consultants
- Role play / presentations
The Certified Information Privacy Professional Asia (CIPP/A) course will be conducted or facilitated by the following trainers who are certified by IAPP to conduct the course:
- Kevin Shepherdson, CIPM, CIPPA, CIPT, FIP, GRCP
- Celine Chew, CIPM, CIPPA, CIPT, FIP, GRCP
- William Hioe, CIPM, CIPPA, CIPT, FIP, GRCP
- Lyn Boxall, CIPM, CIPPA, FIP, GRCA, GRCP
Three consecutive days.
All course participants are required to take the CIPP/A examination.
Candidates must pass this exam in order to get the CIPP/A certification and use the CIPP/A credentials in his or her name.
Day 1: 23 Oct 2017
Day 2: 24 Oct 2017
Day 3: 25 Oct 2017
- Both new and existing data protection/compliance officers
- Private practice lawyers and in-house regional legal counsels
- Those looking to further their career in data protection and cyber-security
S4,250 (before GST)
Includes 3 days of training.
Covers all other relevant required fees including textbooks, course notes, exam fees & practice exam fees (excludes IAPP membership fee).
This course is supported by CITREP+ which provides:
- Up to 70% of the nett payable course and certification fees, capped at $2,500 per trainee for non-SMEs
- Up to 90% of the nett payable course and certification fees, capped at $2,500 per trainee for SMEs
- Up to 90% of the nett payable course and certification fees, capped at $2,500 per trainee for professionals above 40 years old
Please note that CITREP+ funding is available only to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents subject to all funding eligibility criteria being met.
MR code: CITREP+/FY17/MR/17-06/706
For more information on CITREP+ funding and the definition of SME and non-SME, please visit www.imda.gov.sg for details.
Capability Development Grant: Companies can now tap on SPRING Singapore’s Capability Development Grant (CDG) to defray (up to 70 percent of) qualifying project costs for our end-to-end PDPA solutions. Click here for more information about CDG funding.
Productivity & Innovation Credit (PIC) Scheme: Eligible organisations may apply for PIC funding. Click here for more information.