The Data Protection Study Programme (DPSP) is a bond-free course initiative by Straits Interactive worth $4,999 to full time graduating Singaporean university students. The aim of the programme is to equip graduates with expertise and foundational skills in personal data protection.
Are you graduating from a university programme? Presenting a course that will equip you with a key industry skill regardless of which industry you intend to work in.
- Singapore Citizens between 17-25 years old (both inclusive as of 1 Jan 2017).
- Currently studying in one of the Singapore Public Funded Universities towards their First Degree.
- Good character & outstanding leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Students who wish to embark on a career in the following sectors: Financial Services, Human Resource, Healthcare, Hospitality, Infocomm and Information Technology, Real Estate, Sales & Marketing and Telecommunications.
- Due to overwhelming response, only shortlisted candidates will be informed.
- 3-Day Hands-on Data Protection Officer Course
- Relevant tools and templates relating to data protection by design
- Career Counselling
- Straits Interactive career head-start support programme
- Roadmap to professional certification which is internationally recognised
- Regular advisory and updates on developments in data protection and governance
Data breaches and Data protection laws like the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) are forcing organisations to re-look at the way business is done.
Here’s a chance to equip yourself with skills and expertise that will be in hot demand in the near future!
To find out more about the programme and scholarship, send an email to scholarship@ straitsinteractive.com
- Appointing a data protection officer is a mandatory requirement under PDPA
- New data protection laws are being introduced or enforced in ASEAN
- New data protection regulations in Europe that will affect organisations around the world
- Expected shortage of data protection officers in the industry
- Singapore’s Smart Nation Vision
Successful candidates will be required to do the following:
- Complete the funding detail form, which will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
- Attend the 3-day Data Protection Hands-on training (Compulsory)
- Course dates:
- Saturday Class: 23 & 30 September, and 7 October 2017
- 27-29 September 2017
- 28-30 November 2017
- Course dates:
- Deposit of $2000 (Guarantor cheque) will be cleared for payment as part of funding requirements. Claim submission can only be done after the completion of the 3-day Hands-on course with guidance provided from Course Provider. A cashier’s order of $2000 will be disbursed after approval by the relevant government body.
Upon completion of the above, a Data Protection Officer Certificate will be awarded by the Singapore Management University.
In addition, Straits Interactive will offer hands-on experience to candidates to assist corporate participants on our engagements.
Relevant testimonial from Straits Interactive will be given.
Roadmap towards international certification (Government funding will be provided).
Full-time students who attend the designated courses AFTER the graduation will not be entitled to receive the special student funding under the CITREP+ scheme.
No bond is involved.
Due to overwhelming response, only shortlisted candidates will be informed.